and Beach Girls, Women and Men
Of course we are referring to our Malmo residents enjoying the beach volleyball and other sports on our sand courts. This is the fifth year of operation and many in the city have discovered that we have the best beach volleyball courts in Edmonton. With the late spring we are expecting the sand courts to be fully open by May 15 thanks to Chris and crew.
Below is a reminder on court use. No need to buy equipment as we already have balls. A variety of sand sports including badminton, dodge ball, soccer and ultimate Frisbee can be enjoyed on the courts. Bocce ball was also played on the grass adjoining the courts last year.
Let's make the most of spring/summer. Also see the April or May newsletter if you are wish to enjoy and help make happen a related Saturday evening social. Sand sports are a great way to get to know your neigyhbors.
*If you are an adult interested in joining the ESSC league go to www.edmontonsportsclub.com for more info. They will be playing their summer season on the Malmo courts weekeday evenings (Mon, Tues, Thur) starting in July.
- For the consideration of neighbors adjacent to courts, activities must finish by 9:30 pm.
- If you have to bring a car, drive slowly. (Playground adjacent.)
- No alcoholic beverages outside the hall. (Inside hall allowed by permit if you have hall rented.)
- Watch the weather and stop if hazardous.
· Please report any hazards or damage to our Chris Mackie (970-9476) or a Community league executive (numbers are on back of newsletter)