The City of Edmonton is hosting a free learn to skate program at the Malmo skating rink on Sundays from 14:30 to 17:00 from January 13 until February 17. For more details, visit the City’s website for this program or read their information below:
Learn the skills to become active on the ice. Our program is designed around basic skills, movement, participation and fun!
What Can You Expect:
- A program designed for beginner skaters of all ages
- Skills for speed, agility, and control
- Fun games
- A program that will give you the skills for other types of skating (ringette, hockey, figure skating, etc.)
This free program is targeted for children (ages 6-12) and their families, however, all are welcome to attend!
- Skates and a CSA approved helmet are required to participate
- No registration required
- If you need skates, talk to your community league
- The program will be cancelled at -23 degrees Celsius with the wind-chill, or if the ice is closed by the facility